The Wytheville Police Department is committed to working together with residents, visitors, and businesses to constitutionally, transparently, and accountably reduce crime and enhance public safety.
The Wytheville Police Department will maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity. We are committed to the philosophy of community and neighborhood policing. We will build partnerships business, corporate, and residential communities to identify and recommend solutions to problems with the goal of improving the quality of life in our community. We will employ time-tested police methods and promising innovative approaches to better protect our communities. Our commitment is to provide professional service to our citizens, residents, and visitors.
IN OUR INDIVIDUAL CONDUCT AND IN OUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS, WE VALUE:• Integrity and ethical behavior at all times.
• Respect for the rules of law and the dignity of all human beings.
• Acceptance of full responsibility and accountability for our actions.
• Empathy and compassion for others.
• Direct communications that permit and encourage healthy disagreement.
• Resolving differences in a mutually supportive and positive way.
IN OUR PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES, WE VALUE:• Individual and team effectiveness in solving crime and crime related problems.
• Exceptional response to community needs.
• Equal protection and service to all, regardless of economic status.
• Continuous commitment to personal and professional growth.
• Innovation, creativity, and reasoned risk-taking.
• A methodical approach to problem solving.
• Responsible and creative management of our resources.
• Excellence and continuous improvement in all we do.